Skip to content

Do Doctors Stand Up for Vaccination?

[Image © Doctors Stand Up for Vaccination]

Do New Zealand’s doctors really support the push to mass-vaccinate the population of New Zealand against Covid-19?

A website called “Doctors Stand Up for Vaccination” has published a “Letter to the People of Aotearoa New Zealand” which is signed, at the time of writing, by 6,781 “Public Health physicians, GPs, Intensive Care physicians, Urgent Care, Respiratory and Infectious Disease physicians, Paediatricians, General physicians, Emergency Medicine physicians, obstetricians, gynaecologists, surgeons and more.”

That sounds like an impressive number, until like one of our readers who sent in a link to the website, you crunch the numbers. Of the 28,999 registered doctors in NZ, this list of 6,781 only represents 23 percent. The remaining 77 percent having chosen not to sign.

“Of the 28,999 registered doctors in NZ, this list of 6,781 only represents 23 percent. The remaining 77 percent having chosen not to sign…”

An In Other News Reader

The letter was first published on 16 October 2021 and the authors claim “although we tried hard reach doctors through their district health boards, colleges and unions, there will be some doctors who have not yet found out about our grassroots initiative.”

It would seem so, if in almost six weeks, during a public health emergency, less that a quarter of New Zealand’s doctors have endorsed this letter.

And the 77 percent of doctors who have not done so, may have very good reason. Aside from any question over whether mass-vaccination is the right response to the situation, or whether new mRNA “vaccines” are a good idea, some may be concerned about the content of the letter, which states, “We overwhelmingly support vaccination against COVID-19 and other public health measures such as mask use in public areas, physical distancing and hand hygiene. These measures are not just an individual choice: when we undertake these measures, we do so for our whānau, friends, work colleagues and the entire country. By following this advice the medical community and the general public will work as a team to ensure our country is safe.” (Their emphasis).

“These measures are not just an individual choice: when we undertake these measures, we do so for our whānau, friends, work colleagues and the entire country.”

Doctors Stand Up for Vaccination

Are we to understand that, according to the doctors who have signed this letter, medical interventions, such as vaccination, should no longer be considered an individual choice? If so, how exactly does this mesh with the medical ethics of Informed Consent and those stipulated in The Nuremberg Code?

The website’s domain name was registered on 09 September 2021. We can’t say who exactly is behind this website, because they’ve chosen to keep their details secret from WHOIS lookup.

But readers may wish to be very wary of any doctor who signs this document and endorses the idea that any medical intervention is “not just and individual choice”.

From The Editor, In Other News

Published 25 November 2021.

Share This

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.